Sunday, February 5, 2012

Hot Springs and the Super Bowl!

Saturday I went to Papallacta which is a town known for its hot springs.  We paid $7 to sit in delightfully warm pools next to a river nestled in between mountains.  It was relaxing and gorgeous.  It was a two hour bus ride to the city and when we got on there were no seats.  After we reached our city, we hoped on the back of a truck and rode up to the resort area.  It was quite an adventure! I purchased an empanada and some fresh chifles (potato chips made from plantains/bananas, not quite sure exactly, all I'm sure about is that I love them!).  It was definitely a day well spent.
Today was Super Bowl Sunday and in la Mariscal (the area we normally go for ladies night) there are a couple US bars and we watched the game with several gringos! It was super expensive, never going back to a US bar again! I'll take my cheap/free drinks!
I really need to do some homework, but cannot bring myself to do it. Sleep just always sounds like the better option! Buenas noches!

No comments:

Post a Comment