Friday, February 17, 2012

Museum Today, Beach Tomorrow!

For my culture class I had to go to the Museo de la Ciudad.  It was a little bit of a hassle.  First, the girl who had the directions to the museum brought the wrong notebook so we just winged our way there.  Thankfully a young guy overheard us on the bus while we were confusingly trying to figure out where to go.  He told us exactly where we needed to go and as he said goodbye to us he said "you shouldn't be here (the southern bus terminal in Quito), it's very dangerous for tourists." We were very lucky he was so nice!
We went to the museum and it was interesting, a little confusing since it lacked a lot of info beneath certain things.  But it was pretty and had information on the history of the city and surrounding areas.
I just finished packing for Salinas. I'm so excited to lay out all day! My host uncle has a restaurant near the beach so I get to meet more Torres's! I probably won't have internet until I get back on wednesday morning (both our buses are overnight so we'll see how that goes!)

No comments:

Post a Comment