Monday, January 9, 2012

A few things about Quito

Numero uno: very few toilets flush toilet paper
Numero dos: the Diet Coke or coca-cola light does not taste like the US diet coke, looks like I'll be kicking that habit!
Numero tres: there is lots and lots of traffic, so much so that there is a number system and certain numbers can only drive on certain days and for certain hours (tomorrow is mi familia's day to not drive)
Numero cuatro: The walls in most houses are very thin (it makes going to the bathroom kinda awkward)
Numero cinco: the juices are quite delicious (I'm pretty sure I've been drinking tomato juice for the past few days and I love it even though I hate tomatoes)
Numero seis: taxi's are cheap, but the price doubles at night
Numero: siete: some things are a lot cheaper in Quito, but then a lot of things are quite a bit more expensive
Numero ocho: the weather is a bit "loco" or crazy, in the morning it may be sunny and then all the sudden it's pouring rain. But the temperature is prefect!
So far, I'm falling in love with the city.  It's colorful, and vibrant.
I can't wait to visit my university tomorrow to see where I'll be studying for the next few months! So far I am taking a Ecuadorian Culture class, ceramics, and photography.  I'm hoping to add a rain forest ecology class as well!
I'm sure there are more things I wanted to say, but for now this will do.  Hopefully soon I'll be able to take some pictures and post them!

1 comment:

  1. o shizz natalie !!! i just found you blog! I miss you homie! I'm super jealous that you are there and you have the chance to take rainforest ecology. don't even think about home immerse yourself in your surroundings. Peace girl.

    ReplyDelete