Friday, January 20, 2012

Old Habits Die Hard

For example, I still often forget that one does not simply flush toilet paper down the toilet in Mordor, whoops I mean Ecuador. I do try my best to remember though. And you can always tell when you're at a popular places for gringos because by the end of the night the toilet is full and no longer flushing.
Tomorrow I go to Otavalo.  It's a huge street market two hours from Quito.  My main goals are rainforest pants, a raincoat, and a hat.  I'm also going to be looking out for some souvenirs! 
Every weekend I hear music blaring from somewhere.  I figured it was a restaurant or club that had dancing on the weekends or something.  However, I asked my host mother about it and she said it's coming from a house.  Currently they are playing "I Don't Wanna Miss A Thing," who would have know I could just open my window on the weekends and it would be like I was in the US.  Also there is now a woman loudly singing along, que chévere! Oop now it's "Sweet Child of Mine."
Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment