Sunday, January 15, 2012

Lazy Weekend

This weekend has been nice, a little dull, but I needed some sleep.  I've just been trying to figure out all my things for my classes (still not entirely sure how I buy books...).  I prepared my spongebob agenda and have downloaded some documents I need for classes.  Now I just need to start reading.  
It's a very odd feeling.  The weather and the first few days off made me feel as if I am on vacation, so it's proving to be a bit difficult to get back into school mode.  It almost feels wrong.
However, after being here a week I have come to appreciate the Bellarmine International Office.  While I may have felt a bit neglected while trying to figure out everything to study abroad, they really take care of their international students.  I'm pretty sure the internationals have a week long orientation and each get a peer mentor along with a BU roommate.  At USFQ you get a half day orientation which mostly just talks about safety and security.  There was a tour, which lasted about 30 minutes, and featured a lot of pointing.  And then you're just thrown into the university the next day, a university which is kind of known for being full of snobs (it is the most expensive university in the country).  But when there are over 150 internationals I assume it might be a bit difficult to be as hands on as Bellarmine.  However there was a meeting about Tiputini and I think I will be going either in January or March.  I still need to purchase clothes for that trip because apparently cotton is not good in the jungle and apparently all I ever really buy is cotton, or at least the clothes I brought all seem to be cotton.  I am greatly looking forward to the trip though!
Adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment