Tuesday, January 10, 2012

First Night Out!

Tonight we went cosmic bowling.  It was lots of fun and I met a couple of Emily's friends and then one of her friends that I met this summer joined as well! Today was a day of firsts for sure.  My first bus.  My first day at my new university.  My first taxi.  I'm starting to feel a lot more comfortable, but the thought of the bus is still scaring me.  We'll see if I can sleep tonight.  But I am hoping that arriving after rush hour will be better! So far I spent $2.25 today, and this included a bus ride and a taxi (I got to bowl for free because USFQ students get one free game for one person!).  The only downside today was when walking Emily, Melissa, Michelle, and I all got splashed by a car that drove through a huge puddle.  It splashed so much it hit our faces.
I start classes tomorrow and my first one is French 1 and then I have an andean anthropology class.  My other classes for the rest of the week are ceramics, photography, mountain geology, and introduction to ecuadorian culture.  I'm pretty excited.  And I finally have a full week of classes with my days beginning at 12 and ending at 4.
Also I hoping to start taking pictures soon, I just want to feel more comfortable with my surrounds.  Don't want to get mugged my first week!

No comments:

Post a Comment