Monday, January 16, 2012

Mucha Lluivia

It rains a lot in Quito, but until today I had always been lucky enough to be indoors when the "tormentos" (storms) hit.  I was in my anthropology class and I could see the rain approaching over the mountains and all I kept thinking was, I need to get home! Thank goodness I bought an umbrella last week! I don't have a very long walk to my house, but it's a huge hill and all I could do was slowly ascend up the mountain and pray that my umbrella didn't break.  I thought to myself this morning, perhaps I shouldn't wear my Toms (which are probably one of the worst shoes to wear in the rain), but I decided to take the chance.  They are now completely soaked along with my leggings and sweater.
Classes today weren't bad.  Though I will say it is a bit difficult to learn another language (french) while the professor is speaking in a different language (spanish).  But I now know how to say the alphabet in french!
Choa!

No comments:

Post a Comment