Tuesday, January 10, 2012

My university can flush toilet paper! I think....

Today was my first day at USFQ.  It's a gorgeous campus, someone even said it looked like a villa.  When my host brother Fernando asked me how it was I replied with "mucho infomacion en un poco tiempo" (I was going for a lot of information in a little time, who knows if that's what that means).  I met many people, a lot are on programs that don't spend much time at the actual university or in Quito, but instead take some classes and then go to the Amazon or to the Galapagos.  Just my luck, I meet all the people who will rarely be here.  Today my host brother took me to school, but tomorrow I get to journey on my own, and let me say, I'm not quite sure I'm looking forward to that.  The buses here are a bit hectic.  There are lots of people  and the buses are a bit rough.  Lots of jolts and swaying.  I know eventually I will get used to it (I hope), but as of now, it's one of my biggest fears here in Ecuador! However since most of my classes are not in the morning, my busses should be a little less crowded.  We'll see how things go!
Also apparently I forgot to mention that my luggage arrived! I guess I was so busy being ecstatic that I forgot about everything else!
Hasta Luego!

No comments:

Post a Comment